Property is still one of the most capital-demanding capital goods; and one of the largest branches of industry. Also, it’s one of the most traditional; humans have built houses since time immemorial after all.
There must be some startup potential here!
Oh, yes, there is. And one of these property startups (also called “proptech” from property technology) is part of our ecosystem in Paderborn: Imogent.
The Imogent team has been developing solutions for digital property marketing. In the first article of our market companion series we have a look at the international property startup scene out there.
20 Interesting Property Startup Business Models
- Redfin bietet seit 2004 eine Immobilien-Plattform an, bei der/die Verkäufer:in für 1-2% Provision verkaufen können und Käufer mächtig sparen. Das Startup legte 2017 einen der erfolgreichsten IPOs des Jahres hin.
- Cadre was one of the proptech startups with the highest valuation in 2017. They sell a tech solution that remakes the property market almost into a stock exchange for investors.
- Allthings is set on digitizing building management processes. Their digital communication solution solves the problems of all parties involved: owners, tenants, planers, and building managers.
- AskDoss sees itself as a highly specialized virtual assistant and a search engine for real estate deals.
- Point offers home owners money. Not as mortgage but as a share of their property … which is quite an interesting concept.
- Nested takes another route. Their tool analyzes data and delivers a very precise evaluation of a property’s worth. If the property is not sold within 30 days, Nested reduces the price to 90-95% of the original value so that home owners can finance their new home without long delays.
- Exporo is a crowdinvestment platform for property. The platform helps property planners to acquire another source of capital and investors to find new and interesting projcets.
- Common is like AirBnB, just permanent – shared-apartment-as-a-service. The Common teams gives home owners and tenants a way to find subtenants that suit them.
- Flip is doing something similar but has its focus on subletting complete apartments or to find trustworthy follow-up tenants so that customers can get out of their lease.
- AirSorted provides additional services for travel platforms such as a AirBnB and Expedia – such as key hand-vers, laundry and maintenance services.
- Faceyourbase is the Tinder of the property sector. Tenants and landlords can match and avoid the realtor’s commission.
- Avail offers tools to property owners to ease their work as effective and professional landlords.
- KIWI wants to solve the “key problems” of the housing industry by providing a keyless digitally managed locking system – unlocked-doors-as-a-service so to say.
- Brickshare from Denmark provides especially small investors with the opportunity to invest into larger building projects by using their crowdinvestment platform.
- Honest Buildings provdes investors and property planers with a construction and building management platform which especially helps to keep track of large portfolios.
- ImmoViewer offers features such as 3D-tours, 360°-views and automated planning to help realtors with their work and prospective buyers with their choices.
- Housfy from Spain sells houses and apartments without a provision percentage but a fixed sum of 3600€ within 60 days.
- WeSmartPark is building a AirBnB-style platform for a product that is phenomenally scarce, especially in large cities: parking space. People who own space that can be used for parking can use this tool to offer this space to customers in need of parking opportunities.
- Appear Here wants to make subletting in a B2B environment easier. For example, finding retail space for pop-up-stores all over the world.
What? No blockchain startups in proptech?
Of course there are!
- RESAAS wants to be the Bloomberg of the property market. Using blockchain, they want to provide precise and trustworty data on buildings, real estate, and projects.
Another Property Startup
EASIMO is another promising property startup and also one of our our accelerator alumni. Check out their business model.